Hi y'all.
I'm back from my 5-days Medan trip. It was soooooo good because it's the kind of trip that I haven't had in a long time, exploring new places with natural attractions, trying out new food, and taking the mini bus with the whole group of us up and down the mountains and all around Medan.
Really love the natural beauty of Lake Toba, with the mountains surrounding the lake and the fresh air, especially in the morning. Even though truth be told it would be boring to stay there longer than 2 days, our 1 day stay there was good. :) We went into the Lake, which I heard is 30m deep! Only dipped inside for about a minute cause I was a scaredy cat. Absolutely don't trust my legs in saving me in water. But I realised that when I'm given no choice, I could actually thread water!! Still, it was damn scary!
The next thing that made this trip so good for me was the trip up Berastagi (mountain) in the mini bus. Imagine going up the mountain in a two-way road that looks like it's only meant for one-way. The vehicles were driving on the same lane in opposite directions most of the time, and only squeezed into two lanes when there's a need to. Was exciting yet very scary at the same time. And have I mentioned? The view up and down the mountain was breath-taking. It was like geography porn. Never knew I'd be able to see such beautiful views in this trip! Or maybe it's amazing to me only because I've not seen views like that?
Anyways, we also got to drop by a fishing village. Not sure if it's called that, but it's a place where people breed fresh-water fish. We used our hands to have lunch which was very interesting to me doing it in that kind of environment.
There're many other things that made this trip really fun, but one of the best things is falling asleep, waking up to my friends and having time to really chit-chat and play with one another because there was an abundance of time while traveling from one destination to another. And these amazing people actually gave me a really successful birthday surprise on the last night. Super touched by their effort, with special mention to porks, who blew 6 balloons and hung the birthday banner really high up despite having puked 4 times & diarrhoea-ed once from a stomach flu. Despite the many loopholes that they made, I didn't suspect anything at all. Heh.
Just to mention it, we also went to a natural sulphur pool (there's a photo below!) and saw an active volcano. And also killed a giant cockroach & chased off a gigantic lizard. And had lots of good indo food.
Really had an awesome time this trip. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment