You know, I've never thought that I'd miss this Batam trip, reason being I'm going with another group of people whom I don't really know, and the only person whom I could relate to at the start was only Jeryl.
But I really do miss the trip a lot now, from the sleepy mornings (making Jeryl and Shawn (Yvonne's bf) try to wake us up many times) to breakfast, to taking the minibuses, visiting the orphanage and having lunch there, all the way to going back to the hotel room feeling sticky and smelly and taking the short rests before going out for dinner again.
The hotel was surprsingly comfortable! With it not being 5 stars, it was really quite satisfactory. The hotel toilet was spacious and bright, and I prefer it much more to the better hotel toilets, where the bathtub is right in front of the mirror. Bed was nice cause at least the bedsheets smell good, air-con even though needs quite long to cool the room, was at a good temperature throughout the night, so we weren't freezing in the morning. (:
Can't really say that visiting and helping out the orphanage enlightened me a lot, but I learnt much from the whole trip. From treating friends and family better to understanding that what I have is already enough and should appreciate all that I've got.
I'm kinda scared that I'll only feel this way for like at most 3 weeks, so I'm gna like make sure I'll remember all that I've went through by writing it down somewhr so that I can look back at it in future.
Really glad that I went for this trip cause I got to know so many people. Rooming with Yvonne was surprisingly enjoyable and fun, it's like getting a close friend in less than 5 days! I guess cause there was common topics to talk about, and somehow we kinda have the same perspective for certain things. Hope we'll like keep in contact or something cause it's kinda hard to meet somebody who can really understand you in such a short time.
Am trying to appreciate everything now, but I wonder how long this feeling will last. And then I also realised that my bf is really very nice to me from this trip. I'm sorry I treated you so badly from time to time. I'll treat you better I promise! Love you, Jeryllllllllllllllllllll. ♥
Okay gna end here now! Can't really explain all the emotions that I'm feeling now in an entry without making it long and draggy, so goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment