Saturday, October 08, 2011

HI Japuun.

So in love w/ Japanese food these days! Every single meal I crave for something Japanese. The rice, the tempura, chawanmushi, Japanese curry, mentaiko anything.. I swear these Japanese are geniuses.

So I thought I shld start learning to make some Jap food myself, & started off smth easy, which is to make sushi! Ytd night was my second try, and I thought I did not bad considering how much help I had! Took 4 hrs to finish up everything, but it was worth it. :)

I really like it that it's not really a hassle to create simple sushi. Just the rice, & prepare ingredients you'd like to add in.

Since I love prawns, I decided to get frozen cooked shrimps just for something different! Yes, I knw Japs hv shrimp sushi but these aren't the type of shrimps they use for sushi so I guess it was kinda creative to think that up, wasn't it?????? Heh heh.

So there you go, the ingredients I started off w/.
After ingredients are all mixed up w/ pepper, salt & mayo!
See the seaweed-seasoned rice??? Learnt abt this seasoning from Suzhen whn she brought sushi she made to sch one fine day. It is AMAZING. Just seaweed, sesame seeds & a few other things and BAM. The rice taste even btr!

Started off w/ making 'Fan tuan' b/c I was excited to try out the mold that my mom bought for me!

& it's time to start rollinggggg.
First ever successful rolled sushi! I'm proud. hehehe



The final product. ^^

As I was telling you how much I love Jap food...

Ichiban w/ my bro & his gf!
Had THIS. It was the start of my Jap curry love.
Really love matcha ice cream too.
And some time later the girls met up for dinner! Went Mr. Curry this time.

Some strawberry milk drink which was pretty gd.
And Seafood Curry Risotto. ♥,
The nxt time I met up w/ a friend was dinner w/ Joyce, when we had Sushi Express for dinner! Sushi Express has a special concept whr thr's no actual menu, you can only take whatever is on the conveyor belt! It is awesome if u love all types of sushi. Each plate for only $1.80 (now $1.50) I guess they're hving some promotion. Anyhow, the miso soup tasted really gd for me b/c they added in small salmon pieces. In ♥,again.



And today! Planned w/ Suzhen during work to hv our hair done & so we met up to get it done today. Was deciding on straightening, curling and dyeing my hair, and decided to straighten b/c I'm quite sick of times when my hair is in a mess. Now that it's straight I hope it'll become more natural soon. Missing the good hair days before straightening.

We walked by Pepper Lunch in Hougang Mall & decided to have it even though there're no student meals on weekends! Had both beef & Salmon b/c Suzhen is a vegetarian, so... Heh heh Like zhuan dao right. But no la I was quite hesitant on taking b/c it seems like thr's too much if I have both!



So there. All the meet ups I had. I guess it isn't much, & I shld really meet up more often w/ people & actually be there on the day of the meet up. I really love all my friends. W/o them, there's no me & I really do cherish this 'fate' as my mom always put it, to be friends w/ you all!

Feeling so satisfied & happy today. Take good care, everyone!

No comments: