I just can't stop whining about how busy my life is right now! It is actually bearable, yet I can't stop whining about it! Working is such a chore, though sometimes I do find joy in my job, esp. when I'm working w/ nice people or when it's busy and time passes fast, like ytd.
Anyways, Chinese New Year was pretty awesome. Very out of the ordinary, interesting, heartwarming and happy. Suri's family is made out of awesomeness. Everyone's nice and friendly, always communicating w/ one another in one way or another. A very heartwarming family, and it makes me feel blessed to be part of it this year despite being a little lonely and awkward over there. There were times when I just sat down w/ absolutely nothing to do while ppl ard me were chatting away, yet I found those times bearable. I actually felt pretty at ease over there, coming to think of it now.
Caught people setting off fireworks right outside Suri's hse on the first night! It was right in front of me and it's really, really amazing. Life there is so much more carefree, and children really do enjoy a lot more than us in SG!
Went Suri's uncle's place in Balai on the 2nd day. This was where all the awkwardness starts. No, I kid. Met a lot of Suri's relatives in Balai, and all were very friendly and easy to get along w/! We went to the Kampong in the afternoon, and I really liked it there. Not for extended stay of course, but I think occasional visits wld be fun! Really love the wild feel to the place. It's almost like Survivor. Hahahaha Explains why.
Went into a birds' nests building while I was there, went houses to bai nian for less than 5 mins and left to go elsewhere, saw a chicken coop housing lots of chickens, saw little chicks w/ the mother hen pecking on coconut, plucked fresh papayas and coconuts from the trees, etc etc. A lot of wonderful things there! Makes me want to go on Surivor.

Later on in the day Suri told me we were gng "gai gai" and to the beach was where we went! There weren't a lot of people at the beach unlike in Sentosa, and the beach looked pretty clean to me!
Soon after, we left the kampong to prepare for the annual b'day celebration for their ah ma at a restaurant. They reserved nearly 10 tables just for this celebration, w/ probably 8 tables seated by relatives. See how extensive their entire family is? Had a nice time eating the food served, which was good as usual. Also had a chance to see how fireworks are set off! I might probably be the only one there who hasn't seen it before. It's not as hard as I thought! Just hold your hand up and wait for the awesome thing to shoot out, which seconds later will become amazing fireworks. And there, is a picture taken w/ Suri's family. All really wonderful people who made the trip so much easier for me. :)
On that same day we also went KTV w/ the relatives, had "Ah Siao Char Mee" for supper, a stall whr the standard of the noodles depends on the mood of the person, whom according to them has very erratic moods, and then we were back in Batam on the 3rd day, which was also the day I came back to SG! Overall it was a really different CNY (in a gd way). Really liked the kampong part of the trip. Just wish I could explore more of the area. Maybe I shld plan a trip thr w/ friends!
Every time I come back to SG from Batam, I'd feel really, really down b/c it feels like I'm returning back to reality, where time is nvr enough and responsibilities are never-ending. But that's life, isn't it?
1 more week of lectures and tutorials and the schooling part of Poly will be over.
I. Cannot. Wait.
Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment