Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The many types of people in the world.

Having worked at the bar for almost 2 months now really opened my eyes a lot more than any other jobs I had previously. The way nice people will always be nice, while lousy people will be even lousier while drinking. The way these people act condescendingly towards the staff (a.k.a me), probably looking down at us for our job, or thinking that they as customers should get the service they deserve. If they're nice to me of course I'll be nice to them in return, but demanding for iced water from me as if I've sinned by forgetting to do that, and throwing your debit card on the bill are just unacceptable. In the first place, you're at a pub, not a restaurant, so don't come expecting iced water here!!! >:(

And then comes people who are so damn picky about where they sit. Requesting a change of seat once is fine, twice is errr okay..., but thrice is just too much. Sigh. And here's the thing again, you're at a bar, not a restaurant, so sit where we put you to, if not, stand at the bar! And you also get to see people who just intentionally or unintentionally make a huge mess, tearing up the coasters into tiny pieces, dropping food all over the floor and stepping on them, customers who smoke at areas which we already told them are prohibited from smoking, group of 8 people ordering 7 drinks and requesting 19 glasses of iced water, and all these sorts of nonsense! If I can stand this for another 3 months it'll really be a huge surprise.

But those people, especially those who think they are so high and mighty and put down others to make themselves feel better, you know I really do wanna swear at all of you, but I don't think I'm that low yet, so I just hope that wherever you guys are, people will treat you the way you treat others whom you think are beneath you.

Anyways! As I've said, there are also nice people, not a lot, but there are. And in fact, some are reaaally very nice. Like those who still managed a smile even though I spilled drink on them, those who don't take our services for granted and who respect us, even as servers.

All in all, it has been really interesting working here. Good and bad experiences w/ customers, but gave me so much more insights in the way Singaporeans act at bars and the way we should act in bars. But of course, rules are meant to be broken, so I guess as long as we don't put down others, all other things are still acceptable.

So goodnight all, got another 2 nights before my weekend!!!!!

No comments: