Almost a month since I'm back from Bangkok and I've still yet to blog about it w/ pictures! Have been busy working nights, messing up my body clock completely - now I wake at 4 to 6pm if I'm allowed to, and sleep at 5 to 6am. :/ Money that I earn isn't enough to pay off all my debts, let alone sustain me for the entire month! Really want to get pass this poor stage of my life.. When money isn't enough for whatever I'm planning to do. Sigh.
Well, well. Even though I've been lazy in blogging, at least I've uploaded pictures onto FB. Looking at the pictures makes me miss that place all over again. I miss the food a lot, to my surprise. Especially their mango sticky rice. Fell in love w/ it on my first try! Thai iced milk tea, pad thai and thai-styled char kuay teow are also the few local delights that I really like.
Since I am done watching nhzgg have nothing much to do at home, I'm here to picture-spam! Many, many photos taken in Bangkok coming up. Heh. Here we go~
Off for the trip! Both of us were excited max(REALLY max). Suri couldn't slp throughout the entire night and kept waking me up. Tsk. Anyways, I feel that one of the best feelings in the world is the feeling one gets right before gng on a holiday. It's like an unexplainable bubble of joy that might burst out any time. Especially early in the morning after waiting a whole night for it. That, plus the fact that I'd looked forward to the trip for more than 3 mths, during which was prolly the worst period of time in my entire life. Makes the trip so much more rewarding!


At Changi Terminal 1 waiting for Justin and Jomaine.
3rd time taking the plane and still as excited as ever! It's a wonder how we can all travel through the air now. Amazing invention.

First glimpse of Bangkok in a cab driven by a very thick-skinned driver. Tried to scam us by charging 400baht for the trip to our hotel. When that failed, he suggested bringing us to Pattaya, floating market, etc. W/o all these scamming we'd have tipped him, but not after trying to cheat our money so many times! When he realised we were not gonna tip him, he said angrily, "You no tip, you no good ah!" and proceeded to remove our luggage roughly. Was pretty overwhelmed by his reaction! Not a very good first impression on Thailand. Thought it is a land of thousand smiles???



Waiting anxiously for the other two b/c we had no form of contact and they were late for an hour! Almost scared the shit out of me b/c we wouldn't known if anything had happened to them.

View from the bridge leading us to Platinum Mall.



View from the bridge leading us to Platinum Mall.
Went shopping at the well-known(even in SG) Platinum Mall, which was just a 10 mins walk away from our hotel and bought this ring among many other things. Definitely my favourite ring, but costed me a bomb!


Checked in at around 5pm after shopping! Very, very contented w/ our room b/c it has everything we need. A comfy bed, huuuuge dresser, shower cap, hairdryer, bath tub, etc etc. Very good location too. Would strongly recommend ppl coming to Bangkok for a shopping trip to stay there.

Next up for the first night was dinner at this I would call it pretty fancy restaurant. Ambiance is double thumbs up. Food is pretty good too! Shall let pictures do the talking. Heh.






Had our meal indoor due to the many, many mosquitoes there. Outdoor looks even more romantic but didn't manage to take any pictures of it. They have a pretty good spicy and sour vermicelli seafood salad. It's a must try there!


My loots on the first day of shopping, and also the most I've bought on any one day. Should've carried on shopping while I had the energy and feel to b/c by the 3rd day, the adrenaline rush to shop was gone and I was pretty much tired out from shopping endlessly. :/ Quite wasted I feel, b/c I have a feeling that they are many, many more things that I'd really have liked in Platinum Mall!

Sleepy Suri after a tiring shopping day and not having any slp at all on the previous night.

Brunch at a small shop in Baiyoke Sky on second day morning!
First taste of Pad Thai. Like I said on FB, it didn't make me fall in love w/ it, probably b/c of the raw beansprouts, peanut and sourness from the lime. But it was still pretty good anyway. We ordered another plate to share. Hehe Too gluttony.

On our way to MBK Mall.


Shopped the entire day and went for traditional thai massage after dinner. 2hr full body massage which cost around $26-$30. It was awesome. Totally relaxes the body. It was so good that we went for a second time the next night.
Had a bath while munching on chips and drinking bottled milk tea afterwards.
And this is my second day buys. Everything from MBK except the brown bag, which I got from Baiyoke Sky for $300 baht (approx. $12!). If you guys are looking for any electronic goods in Bangkok, MBK is the place u shld head to!
10am in Pratunum on the 3rd day. Went for Mcdees for breakfast!


Went Siam Square on the 3rd day. Absolutely have to head to this place for shoppers!!! For guys especially as they have these boutique shops selling really nice shoes and shirts for guys. Suri and I headed back there on our 2nd last day in Bangkok to spend all the money!!!!!

Plus point to going Siam Square is that there are night stalls selling cheap and nice clothes and accessories. Bought quite a lot over there.

China Town in Bangkok for dinner.
Tze Char. Had a very awesome grilled squid dish there.




Us on our way to the massage place in Sukhumvit again.
M FOR MODEL. Hehehehehehehe
Hehe I love messy rooms.


4th day - queuing for cabs to go Chatuchak.
Really love this place. Went there twice too!
Met Brandon there too!



That was Justin and Jomaine's last day in Bangkok so Suri and I had dinner on our own that night. Bought street food from outside our hotel. Yum yums.
Nightly activity: Bathe then snuggle under the sheets watching shows before falling asleep!
4th day buys; from Chatuchak and Platinum Mall.

Packing up our luggage as we were moving to D&D Inn the next day.
Chatuchak again. Heh.
DJ really enjoying his job.

Went for a break at the pub. Don't like Asahi at all. Ugh.

Had tea and then headed back to Baiyoke Boutique to get our luggage for our next destination.
To Khao San Road!


Tadah.

Pretty nice design for the room, very strong aircon, but still miss the spacious Baiyoke room.



Street stalls at Khao San Road, which is also the street right outside the inn we stayed in. Really like the pad thai over here, and the banana prata, I must emphasise, is awesome. Mango sticky rice is just love.

Buys from Chatuchak again. Couldn't resist getting all these mini thingies. They're so cute!

6th day was spent touring around our place, which was near the Grand Palace. So off to Grand Palace we went. Was really hot and humid that day, resulting in a pretty grumpy me. Oops. That was also the day my period came, thus adding on to the grumpiness! Should've toured more around the area. Sigh.
Instead, we went back to our inn and Suri bought all of these on our way back. I have to say Thailand's Lays is really good. Peking duck flavoured, chilli crab, cuttlefish flavoured, all taste like what they claimed to taste like. Anyways, so we spent the rest of the humid afternoon in the inn, watching tv and napping till it was time for dinner.

Really wanted to have a good meal that night as we had quite a bit of thai baht left and we haven't really been pamparing ourselves during the trip when it comes to food. Searched here and there for somewhere nice and finally caught sight of this sign on one of the buildings which was of this Jap restaurant. It was a brilliant decision b/c the food was just awesome (and cheap). I remembered that day to be really satisfying as we didn't have to rush anywhere, just taking our time to rest and pamper ourselves.

View of our breakfast place from above. Have to say that breakfast at the inn was quite an intimidating activity as we were almost the only Asians. I only saw one other Asian family during my stay there. As much as it was intimidating, it was also quite interesting and fun seeing how Caucasians act and pretending that this is an everyday thing for Suri and I.

View around the inside of the inn.


As I've said, we went Siam Square again on our last full day in Bangkok. Went to this shop hidden amongst other boutique shops for our brunch. The fried rice there was amazing. Love the feel of the shop too! Bright and happy. Staffs were friendly and helpful too. Everyone who goes Siam Square should have their lunch here!!!!

Headed to Siam Paragon; the high-end mall in that area.

OUR LAST DINNER IN BANGKOK. I was feeling really sad by that time. Sigh. Good times always flies. Always. :'(

And then we were back in Khao San Road having our last street food of Bangkok.

Cabbing to the airport early in the morning! And also missing our hotel breakfast b/c we have a flight to catch.
It was a really awesome trip for me. The last time I'd ever been so happy overseas was probably in Shanghai. The joy of throwing all troubles away for even just 7 days... The food, the shopping, the massage, the company of Suri, really, it was amazing. It was money and time well spent. I bought so much goodies for myself and also for my friends and family! But I had to say it was pretty stressful finding things for people b/c it was on my mind constantly to only get things that people will really find useful, and will really like, which proved to be kinda hard. :/ Really wish I can relive those 7 days again, even if I have to do the same things all over again. And I'm really glad we made the decision to stay at Khao San Road b/c it brought a different experience to me; seeing so many backpackers from all over the world (mostly caucasians), the way drinking is part of their culture, and thus the all night long drinking and partying at the pubs lining Khao San Road. Also the street food which was slightly different as compared to those of Pratunum's as they have to cater to the preferences of the caucasians since there was so many of them there. Anyhows, Bangkok is definitely a shopping paradise and I can't wait to be back there again (and again and again and again)!
Brunch at a small shop in Baiyoke Sky on second day morning!
First taste of Pad Thai. Like I said on FB, it didn't make me fall in love w/ it, probably b/c of the raw beansprouts, peanut and sourness from the lime. But it was still pretty good anyway. We ordered another plate to share. Hehe Too gluttony.
On our way to MBK Mall.
Shopped the entire day and went for traditional thai massage after dinner. 2hr full body massage which cost around $26-$30. It was awesome. Totally relaxes the body. It was so good that we went for a second time the next night.
Had a bath while munching on chips and drinking bottled milk tea afterwards.
And this is my second day buys. Everything from MBK except the brown bag, which I got from Baiyoke Sky for $300 baht (approx. $12!). If you guys are looking for any electronic goods in Bangkok, MBK is the place u shld head to!
10am in Pratunum on the 3rd day. Went for Mcdees for breakfast!
Went Siam Square on the 3rd day. Absolutely have to head to this place for shoppers!!! For guys especially as they have these boutique shops selling really nice shoes and shirts for guys. Suri and I headed back there on our 2nd last day in Bangkok to spend all the money!!!!!
Plus point to going Siam Square is that there are night stalls selling cheap and nice clothes and accessories. Bought quite a lot over there.
China Town in Bangkok for dinner.
Tze Char. Had a very awesome grilled squid dish there.
Us on our way to the massage place in Sukhumvit again.
M FOR MODEL. Hehehehehehehe
Hehe I love messy rooms.
4th day - queuing for cabs to go Chatuchak.
Really love this place. Went there twice too!
Met Brandon there too!
That was Justin and Jomaine's last day in Bangkok so Suri and I had dinner on our own that night. Bought street food from outside our hotel. Yum yums.
Nightly activity: Bathe then snuggle under the sheets watching shows before falling asleep!
4th day buys; from Chatuchak and Platinum Mall.
Packing up our luggage as we were moving to D&D Inn the next day.
Chatuchak again. Heh.
DJ really enjoying his job.
Went for a break at the pub. Don't like Asahi at all. Ugh.
Had tea and then headed back to Baiyoke Boutique to get our luggage for our next destination.
To Khao San Road!
Tadah.
Pretty nice design for the room, very strong aircon, but still miss the spacious Baiyoke room.
Street stalls at Khao San Road, which is also the street right outside the inn we stayed in. Really like the pad thai over here, and the banana prata, I must emphasise, is awesome. Mango sticky rice is just love.
Buys from Chatuchak again. Couldn't resist getting all these mini thingies. They're so cute!
6th day was spent touring around our place, which was near the Grand Palace. So off to Grand Palace we went. Was really hot and humid that day, resulting in a pretty grumpy me. Oops. That was also the day my period came, thus adding on to the grumpiness! Should've toured more around the area. Sigh.
Instead, we went back to our inn and Suri bought all of these on our way back. I have to say Thailand's Lays is really good. Peking duck flavoured, chilli crab, cuttlefish flavoured, all taste like what they claimed to taste like. Anyways, so we spent the rest of the humid afternoon in the inn, watching tv and napping till it was time for dinner.
Really wanted to have a good meal that night as we had quite a bit of thai baht left and we haven't really been pamparing ourselves during the trip when it comes to food. Searched here and there for somewhere nice and finally caught sight of this sign on one of the buildings which was of this Jap restaurant. It was a brilliant decision b/c the food was just awesome (and cheap). I remembered that day to be really satisfying as we didn't have to rush anywhere, just taking our time to rest and pamper ourselves.
View of our breakfast place from above. Have to say that breakfast at the inn was quite an intimidating activity as we were almost the only Asians. I only saw one other Asian family during my stay there. As much as it was intimidating, it was also quite interesting and fun seeing how Caucasians act and pretending that this is an everyday thing for Suri and I.
View around the inside of the inn.
As I've said, we went Siam Square again on our last full day in Bangkok. Went to this shop hidden amongst other boutique shops for our brunch. The fried rice there was amazing. Love the feel of the shop too! Bright and happy. Staffs were friendly and helpful too. Everyone who goes Siam Square should have their lunch here!!!!
Headed to Siam Paragon; the high-end mall in that area.
OUR LAST DINNER IN BANGKOK. I was feeling really sad by that time. Sigh. Good times always flies. Always. :'(
And then we were back in Khao San Road having our last street food of Bangkok.
Cabbing to the airport early in the morning! And also missing our hotel breakfast b/c we have a flight to catch.
It was a really awesome trip for me. The last time I'd ever been so happy overseas was probably in Shanghai. The joy of throwing all troubles away for even just 7 days... The food, the shopping, the massage, the company of Suri, really, it was amazing. It was money and time well spent. I bought so much goodies for myself and also for my friends and family! But I had to say it was pretty stressful finding things for people b/c it was on my mind constantly to only get things that people will really find useful, and will really like, which proved to be kinda hard. :/ Really wish I can relive those 7 days again, even if I have to do the same things all over again. And I'm really glad we made the decision to stay at Khao San Road b/c it brought a different experience to me; seeing so many backpackers from all over the world (mostly caucasians), the way drinking is part of their culture, and thus the all night long drinking and partying at the pubs lining Khao San Road. Also the street food which was slightly different as compared to those of Pratunum's as they have to cater to the preferences of the caucasians since there was so many of them there. Anyhows, Bangkok is definitely a shopping paradise and I can't wait to be back there again (and again and again and again)!
No comments:
Post a Comment