Saturday, June 09, 2012

How I spent my Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Hiya! As I was saying, I attended Suri's enlistment into SAF on Thursday. One day before I felt worried for him and nervous for me b/c I've never spent time alone w/ just his parents before! Plus there's a little communication barrier.. It went well enough though. :) Here's a pic of him w/ his parents!
 With his ma.
 Nerdy boy with shirt tucked in.
Egg face.
 Almost in full gear NS men.
 Funny moment at the Oath Taking Ceremony when everyone shouted out their own NRIC no. and name at the same time.
 A tag to wear at all times so that in times of need (like after a bomb explosion and the face of the soldier is unrecognisable) it can help SAF in identifying the body. :/
 This is my second time having this! Gotta say it's better than what I had 7 years ago during my eldest bro's enlistment. It's pretty good actually, chicken is tender, chilli is spicy enough. Yums.
 Last photo w/ him before he officially enters army.
 With the mama.
 Cute hehehehehe
Fall in already still dare to twist! And this boy kept looking at our direction from the moment he falls in to the moment he went out of our sight. Hahaha what a kuku.
 Bye-bye liao.
Training to be soldiers, fight for our land! Once in our live, two years of our time. Have you ever wonder, why must we serve? Because we love our land, and we want it to be free, to be free!

This Suri kept singing this on the bus to Tekong, which I found really funny. But I'm glad he was excited to serve NS b/c it'll make things a lil' easier for him. Was worried when he told me that his buddy is an ass but I think he'll eventually make things fine. :) Today's the second day he's been there and I think he's doing pretty well! Really hope he'll enjoy his 2 weeks of confinement there. Hee.

So that's all about his enlistment day. Took the ferry and bus back to Pasir Ris MRT station and his parents left for habour front immediately. And then I slowly made my way home.

Made plans that night to go for brunch at Muffinry b/c I didn't wna be stuck at home! So met up with Bibib and Daloo at 1130. :x
 Had earl grey lavender tea,
 chicken stew pie and creme brulee there!
 Finally visited this girl after talking about it for so long. Tanjong pagar is just so out of the way! Feels good to meet up w/ some girlfriends even for a short while. :)

Afterwards, I didn't have anywhere to go b/c I was lazy to go back NP (to make use of their coms to send out resumes) and everyone else was working/schooling/meeting other friends! In the end I decided against being lazy lest' I regret not spending my time usefully while I'm free. So I went back NP, and met a few familiar faces there like Bessie, whom I was super surprised to see in NP since she has long not been a student there. Had a short catch up w/ her, which made me kinda miss talking to her b/c she's always so sarcastic when talking w/ me. Hahaha

Also met up w/ Suzhen and Kristina when I decided to crash SZ's AMath lecture. Was very excited about attending a Uni lecture until 30 minutes into it and it got really, really boring. So I left after a while and went back to sending my resumes. Heh.
 Suzhen's cute pencil box!
 Had a really good supper that night b/c my bro attempted to make a starter.
 This is a poached egg w/ crispy bacon and potato, egg white foam and bravia sauce. It's probably the best dish I've ever tasted made by him. The yolk mixed w/ the bravia sauce, bacon and potato is just... heavenly.

Had plans w/ the shanghai girls the next day to go for window shopping (which didn't happen) and then dinner afterwards at TCC, which also almost got cancelled. Luckily it wasn't! Had a great time enjoying dinner and catching up w/ them girls. :)
 I can camwhore now b/c I haz new cammie. Hahaha I better stop saying things like this lest' I get gossiped about by my friends!
TCC is officially my favourite restaurant now. Considering becoming a member or smth to get discounts in future when the 1-1 promo ends.
 Love this candid shot a lot. The two of them look so happy chit chatting. ^^
 TCC's City Link outlet.
It's funny how we all have toothy smiles in the first picture and slightly pouted lips in the second w/o saying anything beforehand. Heh.
 ST & Joyce seafood aglio olio. Still my favourite dish there.
 ST's mango yogurt smoothie.
 Tried this Fried oyster and shimeiji speghetti. It was good! But after a while it gets a little boring. Or maybe I'm just biased towards the aglio olio.
 And we shared this b/c we only had 3 people but would be stupid if we waste the 1-1 promo.
 Dessert! The only reason why we had dessert on our table even after 4 main courses is b/c they gave ST slightly raw prawns on her plate of aglio olio, so they made it up to us by giving us a dessert of our choice on the house! Reason I decided to tell them about it is b/c I know given TCC's standard, they wouldn't serve raw prawns to their guests, so I just wanted to inform them and see how they react to it. Wouldn't have wanted another aglio olio, but dessert was just nice!
 Asked them to take a picture w/ the dessert spoons and see what this girl did.
And that's the end of my wonderful 3 days.

Feels so happy to be able to catch up w/ friends despite overspending money everywhere I go. Already spent over $200 the past 3 days on transport, food, shoes and clothes. So to avoid being overly broke, I'm gonna stay home next week except for those days that I have to work at Mr Punch and the meet up w/ bonks. Hehe.

Goodbyez. I'm starting to really miss Suri. Sigh. :'(

No comments: