Monday, June 25, 2012

Meet the army boy.

So 3 days ago was Suri's first book out and this is how he looked like in his army stuff! Was late unfortunately b/c I woke up too late and he booked out early. My plan to make shepherd's pie was screwed too b/c of that! Made potato salad instead, which he didn't eat much b/c NS kinda changed his diet and all. But it's okay! His cousins got to eat it anyways.

We met at Tampines instead of Pasir Ris mostly b/c I was late and I guess he got tired of waiting, and partly b/c there're 3 malls in Tampines which we can choose from for dinz. Went to Fish & Co in the end for their seafood platter for 2. Haven't ate that in a long time and it was goooooooood.
This Suri is still as childish as ever, which I'm really glad about. My previous worries are now tucked somewhere at the back of my mind though I'm still really sure that the NS experience is gonna change him! The weekend proved that he's still the same ol' guy I know and love, so all's good. :)
Lychee mojito! First time trying a mojito, albeit a non-alcoholic and lychee-flavored one. The drink was fizzy and refreshing, but honestly I won't spend money on it again.
Yums. Our platter for 2 which was cleared after a good 45 minutes or so. Love sharing food so much nowadays b/c I get to eat so much more goodies and waste lesser food.

Went Suri's place after dinner for him to shower and change into clean and good-smelling clothes hahaha. Planned to sleepover at his place for hamburger popin' cookin' but couldn't b/c there were too many ppl staying over there this weekend. :( So we went to my place instead. Felt so good slping and cuddling w/ Suri the whole night.
The next morning was Sentosa outing! It was an impromptu decision to visit that place b/c Suri suggested going somewhere where I can take pictures w/ the cammie, so we chose Sentosa! Weather was real bright and sunny. :D
Habour Front! We walked to Sentosa through the Boardwalk so that we can take pictures along the way. Hehe. I'd say it was a very touristy day.
Yawning as usual.
 Pin*y in the making.
Seriously sweltering hot weather!
My dear boy. :}
And we reached!
Have never gone to Sentosa this way before, but it was beautiful. Or maybe it's just that I love exploring places I've never been before. I really love doing such things despite the heat, perspiration, stickiness and how uncomfortable all these are, and I'm so seriously glad and grateful that Suri likes doing such things too and doesn't mind getting all sweaty and sticky along w/ me.
We were walking along some building and saw a few restaurants, including Aston's Specialities! Didn't stop for a meal there b/c we were both too full from our Mcdees breakfast. But we saw this food court selling Malaysian stuff so we went in to take a look!
Rice balls!!! Have never tried them before but I'd like to try it sometime soon!
Tried to capture the rice balls by zooming in. Hahaha
Yellow chickies.
Walked by the entrance of USS.
Continued walking and we reached the Merlion! The last time I've been here is almost 7 years ago. It's funny how Singaporeans don't really come to this area when they're in Sentosa..
Secretly snapped a picture of this 2 little girls b/c they look so cute!
Mini and cute version of the Merlion.
And the giant and fierce one!
Went to this colourful place next!
 Really colourful!
Hehehehehehe
:)))
After spending so much time walking and perspiring under the hot sun, we went into the iFly building to enjoy the air-condition and to watch people floating in the circular thingie! 
Seeing how it's like makes me want to try iFly too! But it's $89 for adult and $79 for child, how can it be?! That's too expensive for just 2-3 tries that last less than 30 secs each!
There have been quite a lot of changes in Sentosa since the last time I've been here. Now there's the new iFly building, the previous area for the watershow performance (currently known as Songs of the Sea) has been shifted to Siloso beach, and there's a new Mcdonald's outlet right beside iFly! Bought hot fudge sundae to eat before continuing towards the beach.
Sentosa's beach looks surprisingly good! The sand was fine, water was clear, which was just very unexpected b/c my last experience at Sentosa's beach wasn't that great.
Very, very adorable dog!
Songs of the Sea! Was reluctant to spend $20 for this show, but Suri convinced me otherwise, telling me that it's definitely worth the money, and it is! I can't so sure for others, but it was a great show for me w/ all the water, fire and fireworks effect. The performance setup was very nice too.
Waiting for the sky to turn dark before the show starts.
This was awesome! Pictures on all these effects don't do them justice.
After the show we were both rushing to get onto Sentosa Express along w/ the crazy and suaku crowd back to VivoCity b/c I've to reach home early since Suri won't be accompanying me home. :'( And that's how we spent our weekend tgt! It was really short, but nevertheless, sweet, happy and fun. Can't wait for our next outing next weekend!
Teehee.

No comments: