Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekends with Suri.

Hi. Don't have time now to transfer pictures taken over the weekend onto the laptop, and doubt I'll have time the entire week for that till the coming weekend, so I'll just be blogging wordy posts here!

This weekend has been short and sweet. The thing that actually marks the beginning of my weekend is when Suri books out. B/c other than that, having been unemployed for the past 1 mth,  each day feels just like every other day. This weekend began a lil' late b/c I was lazy to fetch Suri from Pasir Ris in the morning, so I only got to see him in the early evening. Met at PS, walked around, explored Orchard Central for a bit, and continued walking till dinner time at ION. Had this mentaiko udon that is just... awesomeeeee. Have always liked the taste of mentaiko in sushi, baked potatoes and stuff like that, but ytd was the first time I actually had mentaiko in one whole piece. It was super good. Though truth be told, the soup was a tad too oily. Heh. Pictures up next time!!! Ended our saturday date early b/c his niece was waiting for us to be home for some popin' cookin'.

Finally got to play my burger popin' cookin' after waiting for a month. It was cute. But alike the previous time, after playing I was pretty beat. The fries were like jagabee, but the burgers tasted a lil' weird. It felt really nice to be lazing in Suri's cousin's house, enjoying Suri and his niece's company. :))

Sunday came and it is Nakhon time!!!!!!! Suri kept telling me about this authentic Thai restaurant in Kovan, and after Friday's dinner at Taste of Thailand w Joyce and Shiteng, I couldn't wait for some phad thai and thai iced milk tea that Suri promised me. It was soooo gooood. Had minced pork w thai basil leaves, vermicelli seafood salad, pandan leaves chicken, tom yam prawn soup, phad thai, white rice and thai iced milk tea just for two. Ate till I almost vomited, but it was honestly fantastic b/c of how authentic it is. The staff are all Thais too! Just love the general feel of the restaurant. The food and the place brings me right back to my bangkok trip, and how Suri and I searched for good food in random places tgt. :) Wish I can hop onto a plane now and explore places, just the two of us.

After lunch it was already 3pm, and b/c Suri has to book in at 9pm later in the day, we could only walk around nearby areas. Went into Heartland Mall and had a surprisingly good time! We spent time in Cold Storage, Suri acting like we're married and actually have our own house by asking questions like if the diapers in our house have ran out, picking household items up from the shelves and telling me we should try them b/c they seem like good products, etc etc. Hahahaha Always have a good time w him in supermarkets! Walked by a pet shop and saw Chinchillas! They are so cute w their tiny fingers grabbing onto their food. And then it was Sans Bookshop, a place selling second-handed books or even first-hands but at slightly cheaper prices. Both of us spent a long time looking at books, and eventually bought one each! It makes me feel so happy that I've found a companion who likes reading, though he reads non-fiction while I like fiction. Still, I foresee the both of us spending time in cafes reading books over coffee/tea in future!

Weekends indeed are the best, and I can't wait for the next, and the next, and the next. Tomorrow's my first day of work in Spa Esprit Group and I can't wait to make new friends, learn new things, and hopefully enjoy my stay there. May all the good things come in my way.

Goodnight, all. I'mma catch some slp now!

No comments: