Hehe! I made a simple meal for my bro, Suri and I yesterday night. For a long time now, I've stopped cooking anything because I always seemed to only be able to produce things like sautéed mushrooms, scrambled eggs, and other really simple stuff. And I was starting to tell myself that I really can't cook for nuts. Can't cook things like salted yolk squid, sweet & spicy pork, etc etc. I was starting to feel discouraged about the whole cooking issue.
But yesterday's meal brought some hope back to me! Lol! Exaggerating much, but it's really something like that. I mean, I could grill a piece of salmon perfectly! Crispy skin on one side, soft & buttery salmon on the inside. It really amazed me. Seeing Suri's reaction after eating it made me feel even better. For the first time in a long while, I felt that I can cook! And I'm quite motivated to continue with my cooking learning journey. :)
So from now on, I'll try to cook every once in a while, to the benefit of Suri & perhaps my bro & his gf's stomach! Also my family members if any of them are awake at night. This is all so exciting!
Picture of my simple meal yesterday.

No comments:
Post a Comment