Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hi, a long update!

It's been 1 week in Shanghai already and things are def. getting better aft settling down over the past week. Have found places where we can get cheap food = less than $2 for very nice zhi char style dinner at a place called Jia Chang Cai. I'd say the standard is even better than some in Singapore, so I'm enjoying my meals there a lot! Xiao Long Bao stall just right outside our hostel is da bombszzzzzz. It's only $0.80 for EIGHT PIECES. Eight! How much do we get it for in Singapore? It's almost $9.90 for 12 pieces in Singapore, see the difference????? Singapore restaurants are such cheater bugs.

Despite enjoying the obvious difference in the price of Shanghai's food and Singapore's, there's still no better place to be than in Singapore. I miss everything about Singapore: from the malls, to the roads, to the warmness of the weather, to my home, to even taking the public transport.

Anyway as I've said, we went over to Suzhou and Hangzhou for some touring & sight-seeing over the wknd. These 2 places are like the quaint parts of China, while Shanghai is equivalent to the ever-busy part of China, similarly to NewYork in America I guess.

There's like a certain charm to Suzhou and Hangzhou which I think is due to those 2 places being more scenic and slow-moving, resulting in much, much friendlier Chinese. I guess being hectic makes people more impatient, alike to Singaporeans.

As usual we took a lot of pictures over the 2 days. And we got to stay a night in a 3-4 stars hotel! Had dinner buffet over there too, but the food is only average. :\

Enough of words, now for pictures!

Nice smelling jasmine buds bracelets sold to us by an old auntie once we got down the bus at Suzhou. Smells really nice and looks really sweet as well.

Typical scenic view in China, but pretty all the same!

Tiger at the Tiger Hill.

Fooling around in the hotel room. Took their bedroom slippers back to the hostel, now our room is much cleaner w/o all the dust and whatnots from the common room which we share with our other classmates.

Before taking the cruise to Hu Bing Gong Yuan. More pictures are on fb. :)

This is for my mom; because I saw pictures of her taking photos with public/hotel telephones before and I'm trying to relive her memories!!! Hahaha

Ok goodnight!
Test on business message writing on wednesday and I've yet to practice on it! Then there's also the journal for today to be completed. There're so many things to do everyday. Sighhhhhhh, it's hard being here on our own!

No comments: