The past 2 weeks of term break were somewhat hectic. Probably the busiest term break I've ever had in my 3 yrs of poly life, and also the last at that. The first week was entirely spent on working, while in the second week I took some time off for friends and for a lil' bit of project. Projects are still on-going, w/ most of it due either this or the following week. Pretty stressed out by the amount of workload I'll hafta deal w/ over the next 2 weeks! But thinking of how close I am to the end makes everything slightly more bearable. Really excited abt life after graduation. Can't wait to see the different paths that all of us r gonna take! Like I said before, 2012 is gonna be a year full of changes.
I feel that I've accomplished a lot in the past year, grown a lot more, opened my eyes a lot wider to the corporate world, went through a lot more tough times than I've ever had, met more new people, became closer to a few more people, and basically just went through a pretty big change from 2010. I've also became happier w/ Suri around me, bringing me new experiences every once in a while, and making me realise that the only thing that can stop anyone is themselves. Other than these, I've also tried harder than ever to be less temperamental (still failing terribly at that), be more responsible and be more comfortable around new people. Glad to say that I'm getting better at the last 2 points!
So as I was saying, my term break was really busy. It started right after the last CT paper, when I went Mr. Punch Restaurant for my interview. Took a tour around the MINT Museum of Toys while waiting for my interview and these are the pictures that I took!
Pretty interesting business concept to combine restaurant, wine bar and a museum all tgt, isn't it? I know I've been complaining a whole lot about working, which for those who know me well, isn't something new. So as I worked there and familiarised myself to the environment & colleagues, I found myself increasingly liking the place. To me, it has a really quaint feel to it. It's pretty out of place along the street whr it is situated, and I just feel happy to be part of it somehow. Needless to say, the ugly dolls part of the museum is what amused me the most. Heh.
The end of the first week and also a tiny break from work, was Christmas time! This year I didn't get to participate in as many christmas activities as compared to the previous few years, but I'm actually pretty glad that there weren't a lot of plans b/c I am simply too broke for gift exchange or any form of gift giving! Nevertheless, Christmas day itself was spent w/ the bunch of wonderful ppl I've gotten to know from the OIP trip, w/ the addition of Huai Zhong. It was a fun-filled night. Appreciate gatherings like these where friends can chat over meal, and have some fun tgt after that. :)

'I'd say that this grp of ppl are the closest grp of friends I have met in my entire Poly life, and I feel that it is enough to be part of such a fun-loving group of people. Hopefully we'll keep in contact even after graduation!
The next wonderful grp of people in my life.
Honestly, the last few months would've been so much harder to pull through if it wasn't for the love from you girls! We've all changed so much over the years, yet our friendship still remains strong. This particular friendship is so unlike any others that I have, but it's the most wonderful out of all. Thank you girls for being ever so supportive & for always being thr for me. :') Our dinner which was supposedly in replacement of countdown this year at Tambuah Mas was something different since we don't usually go out for meals tgt. Kinda felt like a family dinner actually!
Our plans since secondary school(?) to go out tgt w/ our boyfriends along finally (partly) came through on new year's eve when we managed to hv a mini night picnic at Marina Barrage while waiting for the count down to 2012 (which never came!) Really lousy songs for almost the entire night, and totally skipped the count down which was obviously the most important part of the entire event! Still, it was a great night, and even more so w/ the company of Suri. :)
The new year's resolution will be:
1. To not skip work w/o good reasons
2. Be less temperamental
3. Not habor bad thoughts on almost everyone over the slightest things!
4. Be nice and sincere :)
5. SAVE UPPPPPPPP
2012 will be a better year. Gambatte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment