Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cuddles, blankets and you.

Hi y'allllllllll. I'm back! Heh.

The trip was awesome. I feel really sad that it's all over. One week is both long & short, but it was awesome all the same. My baby boy took very good care of me, always sticking ard me, reprimanding me when I wandered off on my own, even when I was just at the next shop, keeping & making me feel safe.

The differences in Thais and Singaporeans way of life made the trip so interesting. The cultural differences, language, streets and just the feel of the place. It was the same feeling as the previous time I went to China. The way the place was so unfamiliar makes the holiday so real. I really love it!

Another thing I liked about the trip was the hotel & inn that we went to. Basically we stayed at 2 different places during our trip; 5 days in Pratunum, 3 days in Khao San. Pratunum is the city area; very, very packed and messy, yet filled w/ many places tourists like us can visit, while Khao San is a place backpackers prefer, w/ fast food restaurants, inns, pubs and road side stalls that cater specially to the caucasians preferences. The distinct differences in the two places we stayed at gave us very different experiences while we were there. In Khao San, we were almost the only Asians during breakfast at the inn. It a pretty peculiar feeling!

What I miss most was probably the cold showers after going back to the hotel after shopping, then snuggling in the bed w/ Suri, snacking on Lays, banana pancakes, and watching shows on tv. I also really appreciate breaking off from any form of contacts (except w/ my mom) and just really forget about reality for that one week. Having Suri's company all to myself for a week is also such a blessing. Awesome, awesome trip. Will blog w/ pictures soon!

No comments: