Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Have less, do more, be more.

It's 14 days more to BKK! Yet I'm as broke as ever, and I've saved up less than 1/2 of what I'm planning to bring there. Times like these, I really envy certain friends of mine who have no such worries. If they were to travel, they'd most likely be able to get financial support from their parents, and they can spend as much as they want w/o second thoughts. I don't mean I want a life like theirs. I do like that fact that I have to earn what I spend, but sometimes when whatever you're doing isn't enough, it really gets to you.

I've stuck to the job at Mr. Punch after contemplating so much during the exam period. I considered going back to Chio Lim for part-time job (but it'd have been a wasted effort anyway since they're not hiring part-timers), and also called A&F to check if they're still hiring impact team members. It's really hard to find jobs at the last min, esp. when I'll be traveling overseas in a month's time. So, I decided to stick ard for a while longer and really adapt to the place. Afterall I've only worked less than 15 days since I first started! So ytd, I was assigned to work at the rooftop bar, and I actually liked it more than working at the restaurant! There're much more things to do over here, the pay is slighter higher, and I get to learn more abt the different types of alcoholic drinks (heh heh heh).

Back to the point, despite having a lil' financial troubles, I'm still as psyched for the trip as EVER. I'll try really, really, really hard to manage my spending. Spend less on unnecessary items, and make sure there're enough physical items as proof of the amt I spend. Hee. Don't want it to end up like China trip, whr I spent so much yet brought so little back!

Went to look back at all the pictures I once reblogged on my tumblr to spot things which I want to find in BKK:
iPhone accessories.
Brown mini sling bag.
Tribal mini backpack like the one on the upper right corner.
Bling bling pumps.

Wedges.

I'll prolly shop more on shoes and bags than on dresses since they cost more in SG. Apart from those above, I also plan to get shades, bikini (if cheap), interesting crop tees, basic tees, high-waisted shorts, pajamas pants, heels for work and maroon & mustard yellow cardigans. Basically these are all the items I'll try to find. Hopefully it'll be a fruitful 7-days shopping trip!

Nothing's gonna bring me down for the coming trip.

Bye!

No comments: