Friday, July 27, 2012

Ahhh, weekend is here.

Here I am blogging in the early saturday morning after a night of drinks with the colleagues. Simply couldn't find enough time to update this space. Sleep has become really important to me ever since I started the office job. I like it when I feel refreshed and ready for work in the morning instead of having to drag myself out of the bed. Though I still have to do that since a mere 7-hr sleep per night is still not sufficient!

Even though office job is indeed boring and routine, I feel more alive than I did before, when I was jobless, directionless and bored to death at home. Wonderful weekends either spent with the loved one or with friends make my life colourful and fun, washing away the grey of the weekdays. :)

Okay. So I attempted to upload photos of the past weekends but iPhoto has to lag forever, so I shall leave that for another day! Getting lazier to upload pics every weekend. Too many photos, too cumbersome to upload them from cam to the computer..

Work has been really great so far, and I'm doing things that I love doing, so I'm really glad I got this job! It still isn't dreadful going to work everyday, and sometimes I even found myself excited to start another work day, but I'm quite sure it'll end up being dreadful in the end. Work is still work afterall! What I wish now is to know my colleagues better so I'll feel less lonely in the office, which brings me back to yesterday night.

As I've been complaining to my friends, I had a department dinner (& drinks) after work yesterday at Broadcast HQ, one of the restaurants under Spa Esprit located near Farrer Park. The place has a very unique ambiance, not alike any normal restaurants! The food is pretty good but maybe slightly pricey, I'd say. After a pretty awkward dinner (we arrived late & most have already seated, so naturally only the bad seats were left for us - 2 newbies, 1 caucasian who's a bit of a loner, and a couple - how wonderful), during which we all had a bit of drinks, we headed upstairs for the dance floor. Yes, there is a dance floor! And also a bar. Had a pretty good time mingling with them over drinks. It's really amazing how under the influence of alcohol, everyone lets loose of their usual uptightness and finds themselves being able to talk more with one another. It's a pretty good friday night. :)

Now it's exactly 7 am in the morning, which is time for me to start preparing for the morning picnic with a few of the girls at Sentosa! Can't wait for the wonderful weekend ahead with Suri & friends. I miss my boii boii so much. LOL. Ciaos.

No comments: