Sunday, July 29, 2012

Colourful days

As usual, too late for uploading of pictures. Hopefully I'll get some time during the weekdays!

This weekend was a good one. Okay, it's starting to seem like only weekends which I get to spend more time with Suri are good. Which I'll admit is true. Heh. He's like a bright spark of life that brings me lots of positive energy. So whenever I do get to spend time with him, I'll always end up feeling happy and contented, which is why I always look forward to weekends with him, no matter what we ended up doing.

As I was saying on sat morning's post, I went out for a picnic at Sentosa w the girls and their boyfriends! It was a really, really sunny day, and we were real glad for the make-shift shade that was already there for some event, which blocked out the sunlight. Otherwise I'll bet we'd have all been baked! The spread for the picnic was goooooood. We had Boey's wrap w shredded chicken, crabmeat, hotdogs and bbq sauce, Hannah's salad w garlic and onion dressing (yummm), Daisy's sandwiches, and chips bought by Suri. We sat and chatted while having the food. It was a pretty bad idea to have picnic in the morning b/c just a short while later the afternoon sun came and all of us felt so lethargic we totally didn't have the mood to do anything else other than lazing around under the shelter. Still love picnics though. Can't wait for the next one!

Afterwards, Suri and I went to Clint's place for Jyhjie's b'day celebration. Was looking forward to meeting these people b/c we always end up having so much joy and laughter tgt. Had awesome steamboat which was prepared by Clint's parents, and the food includes shabu shabu pork, beef, prawns, marinated scallops, chicken, fish, and many others. It was a truly awesome spread, and I enjoyed myself so much chatting over steamboat w these people despite the constant annoying comments from Jyhjie and Brandon. We sang the b'day song, brought him the cake, and did all the usual things that people do on b'days. And then it finally came to the moment I'd been waiting for, which is gift giving time! Really wanted to see his reactions towards the gifts b/c I personally found them very nice! There was a braun buffel wallet, a bottle of Glenmorangie Artein,
(tadah)
and a 100 ml of Highland Park 24 Years, bottled into a unique bottle w writings on it. It feels great when I'm able to give gifts which are bought sincerely to my friends b/c I feel that it'll make them feel appreciated by the rest of us. I know JJ appreciated us for celebrating his b'day and it makes me really glad! Anyways, afterwards we a had a little beer, and I realised I really like how Corona tastes w lime. Awesome drink. ;) Chatted for quite a bit and toasted to Jyhjie's b'day and also to achieving the goals that we made for 10 years down the road.

Speaking of which, Suri made a cheesy comment to them when it came to his turn, when he said his goal is to help me achieve mine, which is to have a happy family and a comfortable life w no financial worries, and also have a job that I like doing. And then he told them he was just trying to be cheesy. -_- But later on that night before we fell asleep, he told me that what he said is true, which makes me really touched and glad, b/c as much as I think it's unrealistic to be so sure of my future now, I feel pretty positive that he is who I want to end up w for life. Whatever it is that may come in our way, I pray that our relationship can pull through all of them. So much is my love for him.

I spent the night at his place, and spent the entire Sunday over at his place too. Feel so contented just to be near him, chatting w him and getting laughed at by him. Such a great weekend.. ^^ Tomorrow's the start of another week at work. I can do this!!! Goodnight!

No comments: