While reading Something Borrowed (a really good book!), a phrase in it got me thinking of my past.
Moments in secondary school, like, the first day of sec 2, walking into the parade square, smelling the brand new day, feeling the anxiety of the beg. of another academic yr. Going for recesses, chatting w/ friends, studying w/ friends. Feeling scared when I fail to complete my assignments for classes.
And then comes the 3 yrs in Polytechnic. Walking along blk 56, heading to atrium to get lunch? To head to the library? The morning rush to lectures & tutorials b/c I'm always late. The effort to stay focus for tutorials. Then gg back home to watch vids on YouTube, slack my days away while attempting the tutorials.
All these memories of my past recent years.. And I suddenly feel so old, and scared, that time has so quickly passed me by. How had 7 yrs passed so quickly? It feels just so recent that I'd been in commonwealth secondary, at the school compound back in Jurong East St. 21 that I so loved. And how did 3 yrs of poly just slipped by? When did the constant rush to lectures & tutorials end so abruptly?
Everything is too quick. It's hard for me to digest this reality suddenly. I can't believe it, don't want to believe it. And I miss those days. Those carefree days.. And indeed, secondary school yrs were the best yrs of my life. I miss being carefree & silly. I miss being by those wonderful friends of mine, hving petty arguments, doing silly things tgt. Laughing a lot.
I miss my teenage years. But I'm really happy that it has been colourful, glad that I hv so much memories to think back on. I hvn't wasted my life.
Now as a young adult, I really feel that I'm facing a lot more decision-making points. So it is true, whatever that's been told to us. That teenage yrs are the best, & young adult yrs is the phase of life that we decide our futures.
This transition into a young adult greatly scares, yet excites me. Until now I've yet to do anything great. I feel that I'm becoming more & more lazy as I grew older. But I sure do not want to look back to my young adult yrs & regret them when I'm finally an adult.
Some things to ponder over, yeah?
No comments:
Post a Comment